New York, NY - GigaSpaces, the enterprise infrastructure software company that is revolutionizing the architecture of distributed, stateful applications, announced today the availability of GigaSpacesTM Version 5.2. The launch of GigaSpaces 5.2 is another significant milestone in implementation of Space-based Architecture, a new model enabling end-to-end scalability for low-latency, high-throughput applications while completely removing performance barriers inherent in traditional middleware technologies.
"With GigaSpaces 5.2, we are delivering infrastructure software that allows unlimited scalability while making application development and maintenance simpler and faster than ever", said Nati Shalom, CTO, GigaSpaces. "Because GigaSpaces eliminates the 'tyranny of tiers' that traditional middleware imposes on applications, developers can write highly-distributed, scalable, applications without impacting performance or throughput. GigaSpaces is unique in transferring the burden of application performance and scalability from developers to the grid infrastructure".
Major milestones achieved in GigaSpaces Version 5.2:
* Making a highly-distributed application look and behave as one. Managing all the numerous services in SOA applications has never been so easy. Using a space-based architecture and a virtualized middleware stack that includes messaging data and processing, GigaSpaces 5.2 enables developers and architects to:
* Write distributed applications as if interacting with a single server, while GigaSpaces handles the dynamic distribution, coordination and synchronization of the messaging, processing and data across the entire network; and,
* Deploy applications and services through a single deployment operation, achieving an SLA-driven solution for the entire application stack. This includes continuous availability, on-demand scalability and self-healing.
* Simple transition from tier-based approach into scalable, high-performance, stateful services. Using a POJO driven approach and built-in support for Spring applications GigaSpaces 5.2 provides:
* POJO Oriented Services. Developers can develop distributed services and deploy them throughout the network writing simple POJOS.
* Running the business logic where the data is. Providing common infrastructure for real-time analytics and low latency transactional applications.
* POJO driven In-Memory Data Grid. GigaSpaces 5.2's end-to-end POJO support enables developers to continue writing their POJOs and, via a declarative approach, map the existing data model to an optimized data structure. This allows for efficient and granular query support and data distribution, in a similar fashion to models like Hibernate and JPA. In addition, using a built-in Hibernate support, developers can continue to leverage their existing mapping to relational databases, while gaining the performance benefit of In-Memory Data Grids.
* Bringing Space-based Architecture to pure .NET environments. With GigaSpaces 5.2 .NET developers write their distributed, high-performance applications using plain C# objects that can interoperate with Java services, while realizing their high-throughput and low-latency requirements. This support for .NET is already used by pure .NET organizations as well as those maintaining heterogeneous development environments that require interoperability.
GigaSpaces Version 5.2 will be available by year end. At this time, fully functional 30-day trials of the Enterprise Edition will be available at the company's web site, http://www.gigaspaces.com. The Caching Edition will also be available for trial. Developers interested in this advanced technology or who are using the Spring framework and wish to see the integration with GigaSpaces may download GigaSpaces Community Edition 5.2. Community Edition is an excellent way to discover GigaSpaces' capabilities on a single node.
GigaSpaces provides a single platform for end-to-end scalability of high performance and stateful distributed applications. GigaSpaces' unique approach enables developers to Write their business logic Once and then seamlessly Scale out the application linearly Anywhere, and on-demand. It is targeted at applications characterized by high-volume transaction processing and low transaction latency requirements and provides an alternative to web-services for implementing high performance and scalable service-oriented architectures. GigaSpaces customers include leaders in the financial services, telecommunications sectors, and government institutions, including: Societe Generale, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Dow Jones, Virgin Mobile, Nortel, and Hutchinson 3G, where the need for mission-critical high-performance, low-latency reliability and scalability necessitates an alternative to traditional approaches. GigaSpaces was founded in 2000 and has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris and Israel. It is a privately-held company, funded by BRM Capital and Intel Capital.
For more information, please visit http://www.gigaspaces.com, or visit the company's blog at http://www.gigaspacesblog.com.
For additional information, contact:
Alit Bar Sadeh
GigaSpaces Technologies, Inc.
Tel: (+1) -917-701-5185
Tel: (+1) -508-647-0044
GigaSpaces is a trademark of GigaSpaces Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.