Exponential growth is proof consumers are finally free ... from email size limitations.
NEW YORK, Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Pando Networks, Inc., a peer-to-peer file-sharing technology developer, announced today that it surpassed 2 million installs of its free downloadable application that lets email users send and receive files up to 1GB from their existing email accounts.
"Web users are drawn to Pando because we built a peer-to-peer file-sharing application that seamlessly integrates with the most popular online communication tools such as email, IM, podcasting, blogs and RSS," Pando CEO Robert Levitan explained. "As such, Pando's accelerated growth from 1 million to 2 million users in less than four months occurred because people are not only using Pando to send files up to 1GB by email and IM but also to post content to Web pages."
Users of Pando can securely and easily send up to 1GB of digital media -- home movies, folders of photos, business presentations and other giant files -- to anyone with an email address. Features include:
- Skype's Pando Extra - Gives Skype 3.0 users enhanced file and folder transfer functionality and an ability to subscribe to video RSS feeds directly within Skype.
- Pando Email Plug-in - So that Gmail, AOL Mail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail and Microsoft Outlook fans are able to easily attach large files and folders of up to 1GB. Pando does the heavy lifting without clogging the inbox!
- Yahoo! Messenger Pando Plug-in - Among the most popular plug-ins since launch of Messenger 8.0, users share large, high quality media files and folders with Yahoo! Contacts and any email address.
- Pando high-speed LAN transfers - Ability to send emails immediately with hardly any upload wait times; Pando transfers attachments transparently in the background.
- Pando folder transfer - Users can email entire folders of files to anyone, greatly streamlining sharing of multiple files along the lines of digital photo collections.
- Pando's strong data encryption - All attachments are secure with end-to-end encryption and optional password protection.
The Company has secured partnerships with Intel, Yahoo!, and Skype. And recently, without collaboration, Pando solved the email attachment limit problem for customers of Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Outlook and AOL Mail.
Powered by Pando's BitTorrent(TM)-based, patent-pending peer-to-peer technology, the Pando application transports 40 terabytes (40 million megabytes!) of user-generated data every day. Available for both Windows and Mac fans, Pando users can send and receive up to 1GB of large files and folders via email, IM and the Web.
About Pando Networks
Pando Networks is a privately held company that provides transport for today's large personal media. The company offers a free, simple to use consumer application with an underlying peer-to-peer network architecture. Based in New York City, Pando Networks is led by CEO Robert Levitan, co- founder of iVillage. The Company is funded by Intel Capital, BRM Capital, and Wheatley Partners. For more knowledge -- and to get Pando -- jump on to Pando.com.